The following pages chronicle the journey of the sailing vessel Pelagic and her crew. We are a family of 5; Michael, Amy, Zander, Porter and Anakena, taking our 42' Hallberg Rassy as far as we can comfortably go in three years. We left Oregon in September 2014, participated in the 2014 Baja Haha, continued on through the Panama Canal, into the Caribbean, up the coast of the US to Maritime Canada and from there crossed the Atlantic. After an arrival in Ireland we toured Scotland, then sailed down to France, Portugal and on to Morocco. In January of 2016 we slowed down considerably and enrolled the kids in a local Spanish school in Sanlucar de Guadiana for a few months. In the spring of 2016 we crossed the Atlantic towards the Caribbean. We are now in the Pacific, officially on our way home, albeit via a very circuitous path. We are currently in French Polynesia and looking at weather windows to Hawaii before finally making landfall back in the Pacific Northwest.

Currently our exact location is not available. Our spot coverage will pick us back up in Hawaii towards the end of May, 2017.

Our favorite sailing quote:

"If anythings gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there boss!" Captain Ron






Saturday, April 2, 2016

April 7th, April Fools, it is actually April 1st, by Porter

 Did you ever think that you would see a dead camel head hanging from a wire in a market. Believe it or not I have! In Morocco! This paper is going to be about my trip to Morocco. So... where should I start? We pulled into Rabat marina after we left Spain. We stayed in Rabat for a while then we went on a train to Fez. We went in the market it is called the medina. The medinas are like mazes and we got lost several times. My Mom said we were exploring, but we were lost! You can buy anything in the market. That is when I saw a dead camel head hanging from a wire. When I was taking a picture a man tickled me and it freaked me out so much! He thought he was pretty funny!  All the lady’s in Morocco would touch my hair because I have blond hair and all the people in Morocco have dark hair, it was crazy! Then we got a hotel and in Morocco they don’t have normal hotels they have people who have extra rooms and make it into a bed and breakfast, it was cool. Well, thats all I have to say about that.
I'll take two!
  

In the maze of the market (medina)

Porter

No comments:

Post a Comment